Fibromyalgia Community
Best city to live
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Best city to live

Sorry if this has been asked before but what's everyone's opinion on the best place to live for fibromyalgia. The cold and damp make me hurt so I'm thinking a desert location. Anyone have an opinion on San Diego or Tuscon? thanks!
Related Discussions
118 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
381371_tn?1201126610
You know, I live in Boise, Id and it is REALLY dry here.  So much so, I get nosebleeds and have to take guifenesen and evoxac to keep eyes in tears and nose moist enough, yet still have terrible pain.  You could  visit an area for a few weeks to see if your pain improves before moving there.

Where are you?  Warm does sound good right now.  We actually have snow on the ground.  I've lived in Tucson and it is a very big city, has some nice parts, and probably isn't as pricey as SD.  Tuscon also has some mountains near when you need to get away from the blistering heat.  It once got 115F there, and at 14, I was so amused I actually went and fried an egg on the sidewalk 'cause all kept sayin' it was hot enough.  Tucson would be hot enough.  The coldest I remember it getting there was mid 50s.  Lovely sunsets, too.  I miss it.  let us know if you decide to take that leap!  You must really be hurting to be considering pulling up the stakes!
Blank
381371_tn?1201126610
I just considered how I feel in the summer, and Yeah!  I think it would make a huge difference.  Just in way of a warning, Tucson has a monsoon season that takes the cake.  Gorgeous lightning storms, but rains unbelievable buckets that turn streets into rivers that carry your poor plastic garbage cans away!!   I wonder if that kind of  barometric pressure could really cause terrible flares?  Help us out, Fibros in AZ!  Does monsoon season bother you?
Blank
I live in Austin right now. It's pretty humid here. I also have lupus and migraines. The weather pressure changes affect the fibro, lupus, and migraines, and the allergies here me prone to infections which causes the lupus to flare up which makes the fibro flare up. We've thought about Tucson but I'm worried about the monsoons causing migaines. But I love heat. I see no reason for it to ever drop below 50 degrees :)

I have a friend with FM who lived in northern Arizona and it did wonders for her. She's thinking of moving back.

My mom lives in Missouri and we visited her last month. It was wet and cold and I was in horrible pain.

Thanks for your help!
Blank
We live in Metro Detroit, Michigan and I was diagnosed with FM 11 years ago. We spent 3 weeks in Florida and the pain was less. It is still damp there, but when it is warm and I can get in the warm water, I feel great. Anyways, I joined this discussion because we are pursuing a healthier climate as well. We are considering North Carolina because it still has seasonal changes, but when I check weather.com and look at that state's pain scale for the daily weather, sometimes it is worse than what we have here in Michigan. Any thoughts anyone?
Blank
Oh my goodness!  I've suffered from FMS for about 20 years now and I'm only 32.  I can't believe I stumbled across this site quite by accident.  I just started taking Lyrica about a week ago and I really thought I was doing well......until the weather changed again.  LOL.  I was just praising God for this "miracle drug" because I hadn't headache for 4 whole days.  4 whole days!!!!  Sorry, that needed repeating ;~)  Well, tonight my vision is blurred, my head and neck feel worse than usual, and I generally hurt all over, so I thought I'd do a random google search to see if anyone had actually researched the topic and I just happen to reach this forum.  I'm not so excited to be hurting all over.  Oklahoma is definitely NOT the place to be, especially in the spring.  The barometric pressure changes make you want to crawl under the covers and not come out until the weather stabilizes somewhat.  And just when that happens, guess what......another storm system.  I am extremely frustrated with this.  I am currently engaged to a wonderful man who completely supports me and helps me with my FMS.  His job, once we are married, would possibly allow him to relocate.  So, I would love to hear more on this topic and I can't wait to explore this site some more.  Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have!!!!!  

P.S.  I actually seem to do better in the winter than the summer, but I wonder if it is just the combo of heat/humidity here???   Any help is appreciated!  
Blank
San Diego!!!  I loved it there.  Unfortunately it is way too expansive to live there for me now.

kit

Blank

My allergies disappeared when I was vacationing in San Diego... it was great !
Blank
I lived in Salt Lake City for 15 years (I am not in the dominant religion there) and when the weather was bad, I hurt terribly.  That was DRY climate.  We have since moved to Central Texas where it's hot and HUMID!  When there is bad weather I hurt terribly here too.  I honestly don't know that there is a difference as far as fibromalgia be better or worse but I haven't studied any facts concerning the issue.
Hugs
Jamy
Blank
554442_tn?1221238825
I dont think any perticualr place changes the pain effect of Fibro,,barometric pressure and such can cause a flare up and theres just no way of getting around it.  Every state has its one element or more that causes Fibro to become more painful at times.  :)
Blank
What a cute nickname fibromama.  Anyway, that's what I was trying to say.  I don't think it matters where you live.  Flares are flares.---Jamy
Blank
554442_tn?1221238825
thank you very much,,,flares they are wherever we may be lol
Blank
528396_tn?1217529613
Don't move to Louisiana....it is HUMID here all year round!!!!  
Blank
554442_tn?1221238825
I hate humidity although I loved living in Nashville and would move back there anyday even if that meant dealing with the humidity
Blank
I live in Pittsburgh,Pa. And I honestly don't think I can make it another year here! two days ago the barometric pressure changed and I couldn't get out of bed for two day's it's like having the flue.If my house was on fire I would of died! I get so depressed I wan't to just die! And the winter is awful I just don't think I can do it! Mine started three and half years ago as soon as I got divorced I don't know if it was depression that triggered it or not! I was in a car accident in 01 that hurt my tailbone and siatica going down my leg. But it is getting worse and worse. I found a good web page called ache & pain weather com. It lets me know what I'm in for. It depresses you so bad and the next day the weather changes and your find and it's like it never happened! I have a good job here and my daughter has one more year of school but I cant seem to beleive that i can survive one more year here in pain! I just got on Nuerotin and it seems to help some but not when I'm really bad! I tried to look where the barometric wheater changes the least and it was Hawaii, Sandiego , which are to expensive does any one have any suggestions? And the doctors here are a mess! No one understands how bad it really is. Plus I have nerve dammage in both legs I just found out two days ago. But if you look up Bends disease its almost the same syptoms (symptoms) I wonder if we went in a air chamber for treatment if it would help?
Blank
Hi, I think, for me, it is where do I hurt less. I have traveled all over the world. Right now I am in St. Louis Mo. Fibro is in a mild state but a couple years ago when I moved here it was horrible and I was unable to get out of bed. Before that I was in Seattle WA. There I didn't know  I had Fibro and just thought it was the flu. I could still get out everyday. I thought about trying New Mexico.
Blank
I don't think that it matters where you live either.  The changes in the temperature affect the body.  I did read that San Diego's weather is 75 degrees all year long but I was wondering if that really helps if the humidity is high.  That's my problem with the change in barometric pressure.  I even thought about Las Vegas since it's so dry there and hardly rains.  The nights get cool and that means a change as well.  I don't know, good luck in that quest and let us know what you decide and how it works out for you.
Blank
I live in minnesota, not hte place to be. I did vacation for 2 weeks this winter in hawaii on the big island and my pain levels were very low, wish i could afford to live there.
Blank
880900_tn?1374514470
I'd say Lake Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico.  I'm originally from Vancouver, Canada, which is surrounded by northern rainforest .. cool and damp. They have two seasons there: Rain and July!  I moved to Mexico to work in 1999, and for the past six years, I've lived 15 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta, and suffer a little in the humid summers. But Lake Chapala's temps are basically 80 degrees year round with little humidity.  Once I retire, I may just move inland.
Blank
954195_tn?1246401926
Hi all...

I'm new to this forum, but not new to Fibro.. I live in SLC and I HURT!. It's been just awful as our weather can't make up it's mind. I was just accepted into a fibro study at the U of U today. I'm excieted at teh very thought of learnig something, anything to help me deal with this very painful thing I have. I lived in Portland Oregon a few years ago and the pain did not seem to make me stay in bed. Is anyone out there from Oregon? If so, how is your pain level? We have had such stormy weather this year and I can tell that a storm is coming even when the sky is blue adn not a cloud in the sky. Our summers are normally very hot 100+ and i hate it. My body just swells but now I'm looking forward to the heat in hopes that the pain will go. Anyone out there have any thoughts on how to make the pain just a little more tolerable. I have raised 8 kids and now I just want to play but I hurt so badly that there are days I can't make myself go down the stairs.. I can't live like this anymore. I want to play with my grandkids without paying for it for days. There has to be a place out ther that in less painful... PLEASE help.. I will let you all know how the Fibro study goes....
Blank
747493_tn?1249593556
Well I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and it gets COLD here!!  I seriously can't remember if the cold made my symptoms worse or not, I spent most of the last winter in the hospital.  Summer is pretty nice but when it gets really warm I usually feel really dehydrated most of the time and cause of my meds I have to watch my sun exposure.  Other than that I don't pay for my doctors or anything so I say anywhere in Canada all the way!
Blank
295756_tn?1247129492
Well I live in Az...outside of Phoenix about 60 miles in a very small town( elev; aprox 2700)I have basically lived here all my life. I use to love the summers here...but ever since the Fibro& etc;...I seem to feel worse in the summers! Yes the barometric pressure does play a big part in our pain...we are due for our "monsoon" weather any day now and i can tell you... I have had 3-4 days of really wanting to end this pain!! I have a wonderful man in my life(who is always on the road) and honestly "thank god " he is ..because I have been miserable lately!!  last year I went with him on the road a few times....he has a truck with all the extras..like a shower..toilet..microwave...counters..sink and etc....so it really is nice.But anyhow we were all over the states...Ca..Oregon..Tx..Mo..Tn..Min..the Carolinas..you name it I have prob been there...except for the east coast! And yes I could feel a difference in my flares..in fact I dont think my body knew exactaly what to do!! But this time of year is the worse here and thank God it doesnt last too long. The humidity is starting to go up ...but NOT even as bad as alot of the other states. Ariz is a beautiful state to live in..and it has such a variety of terrain to see...and yes after beeing here for most all of my 56 yrs..i am fond of it!       Well anyhow ....just to say' I really like this site ..and to know I am not suffering alone with these horrible flare ups" Now I am just awaiting for my Dr to get in more samples of savella ..as i have heard good results on it.
Good luck to you all...and I pray that sooon...acure is found and our pain will be...NO MORE !!                                  Linda
Blank
I'm from central Minnesota.  I've was diagnosed with Fibro. in April of 2000.  So I've had it officially now for 10+ years.  I have researched the heck out of the subject of moving to a better climate and yes, weather can and does play a roll in the amount of pain a person has.  However, like the doctors and researchers say, everyone is different.  For me it's the barometric pressure and the weather changes.  I can handle weather and the rainy season but it's when the weather changes that hurts the worst.  When the weather stablizes than the pain stablizes.  The up and down of the barometric pressure causes the pain plus winter when the cold air shifts definately hurts me.  See if that is the same for you all.  Everyone has a different level of pain. Mine is quite severe and I can't be rehabilitated but it is also from a car accident and I have injuries from that are most likely making it worse.  

Also, now this is very important, I have a new pain that started about a year ago.  In other words, After 9+ years an entirely new pain appeared for no apparent reason.  When it started the pain was on the top of my thighs only.  It is a severe pain and can be scary pain, enough to make me cry at times.  The pain is sharp, strong, heavy and when it is really bad, my legs shake almost uncontrolably non-stop until the pain starts to go away.  Also, the past 3 months or so my knees and my leg joints twist like you twist your ankles.  The doctors are stumped, what about you?  I'd like to know if any of you have had similiar pain issues.  My groin is killing me and I don't know if I can live with the pain much longer.  I have been on narcotics and many other pain relievers but not much works anymore.  Doctors don't like prescribing narcotics anymore because of liver issues and so on.  Does anyone have any of these newer pain issues and do you have any relief from it?  I very much look forward to your responses.  

By the way, has anyone else here had a FULL HEAD & NECK CT SCAN or MRI?  I was having these headaches that felt like someone putting an ice cube into the back of my skull.  My doctor gave me a FULL MRI SCAN and he found something quite interesting.  I have CHIARI MALFORMATION TYPE 1 which can cause Fibromyalgia and  Chronic Fatigue symptoms for some people which also causes the doctors to mis-diagnose your condition.  Depends on the individual of course.  Have your doctors check your head and neck thouroughly, something they say they did with me in the start but they never did.  Doctors say things to shut you up cause they think you are a hypochondriac; it ***** I know but get checked anyway.  If I get the CHIARI MALFORMATION surgery, there is a chance some the Fibro. pain (for some people, all the pain goes away along with no more headaches) might go away.  As far as my condition goes, the doc said that he is sure I have Fibro. and the pain in my thighs is kinda proof to him.  I am stumped this time....lol.
Chiari is just a thought for you guys.  I'm very interested in your thoughts on the subjects.
Blank
908504_tn?1269107499
I am going to start looking at the barometric pressure and see if it makes a diff to me. I also have bad around my knees. I also have had severe and I mean severe pubic and pelvic pain. The last bought lasted a little over a year. My doc sent me to everyone and I had every kind of treatment because I litterly could not sit for even 2 minutes. Finally we just decided to do nothing for a while and it went away as mysteriously as it came. As each year passes I am more and more believing that all these different random body part pains are just more Fibro. I live in CA and have been to Fl, Hawaii, Portland and lots of other places and nothing helps me with different climates. Soon my wonderful husband will be able to retire (soon as our house sells) and we are going to buy a large RV and travel full time. I find sometimes when my mind is oocupied on something new my pain is residing in the background and it is somewhat easier. I still have to pace myself or I can get over tired and then the next day is worse. Good luck everyone I love reading all you posts.  Hugs, Teri
Blank
Hi, my name is Kathy. I also have that pelvic/groin pain but it has a name for me. It is called Osteitis Pubis meaning: inflamation (inflammation) of the pelvic bone. It usually shows up with some kind of trauma like having a baby and/or in athletic people/ Maybe you hurt it without realizing it. You know, falling down on something in that area.  An X-Ray will show your bone being whiter in that area.  Also, It usually goes away in about 8 weeks to 3 months. Mine is chronic cause of Fibro. but most people will get relief.  I also have Tendonitis there as well which sits on or right by the pelvic bone.  That can also make your pelvic bone hurt and that can come with Fibro at some point but it comes and goes when you least expect it.  I have several problems because of a car accident but Fibromyalgia is the prominant one along with CFS and MPS which also can come with Fibro. MPS is Myofacial Pain Syndrome.  I have a great explanation for how to picture it if you want to know more about it.  Let me know. My accident was on March 31st, 1999. I was diagnosed in April of 2000.  Otherwise I felt pretty normal outside of some headaches and sleep issues (not related to Fibro).  Lastly, when you are checking out the weather, it's not only the air pressure but it's even more of the weather just changing.  I know 2 days in advance that it's going to rain or that the Air pressure is getting heavier than it takes 2 more days to recover from that.  Then of cours, the weather will change again to getting hotter and more humid or cooler but it never just stays in one spot for a while to give my body time to play catch up.  So I think that the changing of the weather with in a 2 day period is what causes or can cause most Fibro people thier pain. That is something we can't run away from.  That is why some people aren't affected by the barometric pressure, because theirs is changing at a different pace than the other people who are affected by it.  Just a very long thought but I really do hope this will shed some light on your issues better.  Fibro also doesn't seem to allow our bodied to heal themselves regularly from the daily wear and tear like normal people.  Another way of explaining what Fibro/CFS does to us.  It's because we don't get the proper REM sleep that our body needs.  OK, I'm done now! Whew, I just want you to be well informed and "armed with info." when you see the doctor next.  Hope you feel better sooner rather than later.
Blank
Pixifer, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 3 years ago.  I am in the 15% of people with fibromyalgia being a man.  We were living in Ontario and have since moved to our home province of Newfoundland.  The weather changes (humidity, atmospheric pressure, temperature etc...) all affect fibromyalgia.  The winter even with the temperatures being cold are not as bad as the spring or fall.  Acuweather.com has an Health Meter at the bottom of the page, this may be a great thing to watch for a few area's where people say they are not in as much pain.  I have been tracking my pain levels along with the health index to see how accurate it is, it has been right on so far.

If you do find a location that makes living with fibromyalgia easier we would all love to hear about it.  Seems we always hear of the bad and not enough of the good....
Blank
982333_tn?1305792489
MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL MOVE TO OUTER SPACE, AND LIVE ON MARS !! LOL

Kidding...

I live in Chicago and was recently diagnosed with Fibro. My mother in law deveopled fibro about 15 years ago, and then MS about 10 years ago. They cold winters, humid/rainy/stormy/ every changing pressure and weather in Chicago nealry killed her... she was completely disabled and moved in with her parents in Panama City , Florida.

Then, her multiple scleriosis went into remission within about a year of moving there and she said it worked wonders for her Fibro pains. It did not cure it by any means, but the consistant warm sunny weather really helped to ease the symtoms (symptoms) ( for her, maybe not everyone) She also indicated the sunny days, and beautiful ocean helped to calm her and ease her stress of everyday living, which in turn helps ease the pain. Now she is off nearly all her meds. She only takes about 1 1/2 to 2 Lortab's a day for pain, and vitamin B12.

I have had fibro since April 2009... its now October and temps are dipping into the low 30's in Chicago.. and its hitting me bad. Every cold, drizzly,  dreary day knocks me on my ***. I have had to call in sick to work 5 times within the last month. ( I am now on a "final warning" )

I am very scared of what this winter might do to me. My lease is up on my townhome in April, and eventho I have a great job, my family is going to pack up and move to Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. I need some sunshine in my life... I'm going to pray it helps !!
Blank
I live in oklahoma and hurt all the time, im sure the pain increases with storms but our weather is constantly changing so im in constant pain. I went to a pain doctor and he put me on tremodol and recommended water arobics both seem to help. If i take tremodol once a day every day i seem to keep the pain at bay, and the only time i really dont hurt in the the water because the water is supporting my body. I had a hot tub outside for a year and this seemed to ease the pain when i was in it but not long lasting, just nice to look at the stars in the winter in the hot water. lol My husband has been diog. this year with fibro. so arent we a pair. We are thinking of relocating next summer but from what others are saying it dosent seem to matter where we move we will still suffer. Everyone have a God filled day, this is what really matters in the end.
Blank
I have it also, for 3 years, and it is bad, I live in Minnesota, NOT a place to live. My Doctor even has told me to move to a State that is warmer. I do well in Hot and Humid, with NO snow, winter at all.
Any Suggestions?
mslaurie1_2001***@****
Blank
681148_tn?1285160820
Florida is hot and humid.
Blank
I live in Yuma, AZ where we don't get near the rain that Tucson gets.  Our weather is much like Phoenix.  I do my best in the spring and summer months.  Windy, dusty weather causes me "fibro-fog".  The rainy season for this area, if we're going to get any at all, is in July/Aug and again in Dec/Jan.  It seems to skip a year, so every other year we get some rain on the 4th of July and on Christmas.  I do seem to be affected by earthquakes.  Yuma gets some of the rumbling from L.A. and Mexicali area earthquake activity.  I can always tell that one is coming because I'll get a dizzy headache, much like I didn't get my coffee fix for the day.  My pets, especially my desert tortoise, will get all funny like the way the ants get before it rains, when an earthquake is coming.  Once all the aftershocks have passed, so will my headache.  But as far as good places to live if you have Fibromyalgia, I'd say hands down, the drier the climate, the better for you.  I wish I could say Yuma has great Fibromyalgia doctors, but I can't.  I believe Tucson has a couple of FMS specialty clinics but I haven't been to them.
Blank
i live in the upstate of south carolina near greenville last year i was unable to get out of bed from december till about april my fibro and miagraines were so bad. already thiss  year i have been in the hospital and my miagraines have been so bad that they have caused seizures has anyones lived near charelston or the coast? Mary Anne
Blank
329994_tn?1301666848
I am reading all these posts and wondering if it really makes any difference where you live? I live in Florida and the heat/humidity is too much. When I went to Chicago recently and the weather was cooler, I felt much, much better.  Plus, we get the barometric pressure really bad here too. Allergies....I don't know, I am thinking there probably isn't one place that is the best.

Blank
Moving from Metro Detroit to Central Texas has been an awesome experience for me, in Michigan the cold and humidity kept me bedridden nearly 10 months of the year plus the lack of sunshine was depressing.

After being in Texas for just over one year I can say that my body is definately happier, the only drawback is finding a doctor that will work with me.

I began taking Suboxone 4 days again and the lack of pain almost makes me dizzy because I'm used to hurting all the time. Suboxone is the only medication that doctors in this area are willing to prescribe (for pain) and I was very very hesitant, but I think it is working.

~Frooty
Blank
To be honest, the person who wrote that she's suffered from Fibromyalgia for 20 years and she's only 32, doesn't realize that she doesn't actually have Fibromyalgia, but most likely a Thyroid disorder or something else.  Fibromyalgia pain onset does not begin until a person is in their mid-twenties (on very rare occasions, it can begin in late teens, early twenties).

Obviously from reading all of these comments you've hopefully figured out that you need to live somewhere where the weather is more stable - like Los Angeles, San Diego, etc.  However, many studies have shown that living in Hawaii (particularly Maui) has alleviated 90% of Fibromyalgia pain for test subjects.

Try looking for resort jobs in the Caribbean or Hawaii if you want to feel normal again - that's my advice to you.

Unfortunately for me, I have Severe FMS (according to my doctor the difference between regular FMS and Severe is that Severe patients get to deal with the equivalent to cancer pain, sometimes worse - but we don't die).  I was recently hired to take on a job that I can't refuse in the New England area.. I'm pretty worried.

Hope you make it to the sun shine!
Blank
975514_tn?1325001538
I am from Eastern Washington State and believe it or not, I love the climate there. It's dryer, so it's better for my osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia and it's very sunny, so in the winter there is less of a chance of suffering from SAD. Unfortunately, I now live in Milwaukee, WI on the great lakes, so it's humid and overcast much of the time. The winters are cold and the summers are wet. Not good for Fibromyalgia or Arthritis at all!
Blank
Hello all!  Hate to break it to "pixifer", but I am 31 and have had fibromyalgia for 19 years too!  Yes, they didn't diagnose me as having it until 19.  They said it was growing pains, flat feet etc.  Belive me I have it and I've been tested for thyroid problems and everything else under the sun and it's all negative.  Wish it was that simple and this nightmare could all go away.  I live in NC and hurt like crazy!  I can't stand it anymore.  They say it's not progressive, but I beg to differ.  I experience new pain every year.  I don't want to get old and I pray every night I don't wake up and my husband finds a new love.  I'm too young to feel this old.  Does anyone know about applying for dissability?  I've hear fibro patients can't get it, but I can't work.  How do you explain to somone that you don't know if you can walk from day to day or even get out of bed?  My husband and I have been talking about moving to the desert and hope that could help.  Wish more research was out there!  Thanks for all the posts and information.  It's nice to know I'm not alone!
Blank
975514_tn?1325001538
Hello and welcome to the forum,
I didn't even catch that comment from Pixifer. You are right. You can have Fibromyalgia as a child.

You can also get disability for Fibromyalgia in the US, but it is very difficult and it usually requires the help of an attorney and most likely you would get turned down at least once, or twice, or even three times or more before your application would be approved and you are forced to go through rigorous physical and psychological examinations with "their" doctors. By the time you are awarded the disability your spirit is pretty much broken and you feel affronted and violated by the whole experienced. I am not on disability, but I know several people who are. I would rather do my best to stay functioning than to go through what they have- at least for now.

Instead I take advantage of the FMLA laws and use the FMLA Intermittent leave from my job, which allows me up to 4 days off of work per month for my fibro, which was set up by my doctor and employer. This works much better for me because I can maintain employment.    

I have also thought about moving to a drier climate. As I mentioned before my hometown is much drier. I heard AZ is good for folks with arthritis as well as FMS.
Blank
1160708_tn?1262755771
Hi all, I have had Fibro for over 20 years and only was diagnosed a few years ago when I also was diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.  I used to live in Cleveland Ohio and went to The Cleveland Clinic's Chronic Pain Clinic for a month.  It helped me deal with the pain without being on narcotic medications, but I still have extremely bad days when it is hard to get out of bed.  I now live in the SLC, Ut area and the drier climate is better.  The cold really is bad however and I love to visit my daughter who lives in St. George Utah whenever I can.  I feel much better down there.  Wish I could move there.  Maybe someday.  Or at least for the winter months.  I take Topamax for the migraines and Neurontin to help control the pain.  These medications don't make you gain the weight like so many other ones (Lyrica) and others.  I am on very high doses however and so it limits my driving and am now unable to work and have qualified for disability.  I much rather be able to work as I loved my job.  I just know that I would mis more that just 4 day a month and would not be able to even drive to work.  Wish there was an answer because my mind is sharp and I have all kinds of ideas but my body is too weak to do anything.
Blank
1282401_tn?1271436295
I was dx'd at the Cleveland Clinic in 1987 - I am now 52 years old and I live in San Clemente, CA (60-miles smack dab in between San Diego and Los Angeles).  I was born and raised in Ohio/Michigan and have lived in Houston, TX and Las Vegas, NV also. And I can say beyond a shadow of any doubt that there isn't a state or country out there that's Fibro-Free!  There are those of us that simply cannot abide heat and humidity....but then, again there are just as many that cannot tolerate "dry heat"...or cold of any kind whether dry or moist. And then there are those of us that are all of the above!  And btw, whoever said such foolishness as FM is not and cannot be affecting our youth -- I say: poppycock!  Try telling a mother of a fibro-kid that it's in BOTH their heads! ....groans and rolls eyes as we've ALL seen others do when they think we're not looking...  but I roll and groan with a smile on my face -- that's gotta count for something!  :)  I've led FMS/CFIDS positive energy support groups since 1992 and please, take it upon my experience: we all come in different shapes and sizes, economic backgrounds, ethnicities, and personalities....and yet, we are all incredibly the same.  And if you just understood that line of thought, then you are most likely "one of us"!  :)   It seems that our bodies get used to wherever we live and we oftentimes feel better "somewhere else". Maybe that's because we're happy to be out and about and with those we love. Or simply change of pace. But thru the years I have found (for myself) that my Fibro waxes and wanes - dependent upon weather, allergens, moisture, comfort, limitation, amount of sleep and nuance. And because our immune systems are always in "Rev" mode....the "common cold" is not so common among us (meaning we don't generally get one once or twice a year...more like once or twice every 2 or so years...but when we do get hit, we generally go down with a THUD!) and when that happens, our Fibro tends to take a bit of a backseat and either dissipates all together for most of the duration or for at least the beginning parts of it.  We're genuinely are little walking "weather" mats. We can feel it comin' - while it's here - and when it's leaving. Down goes the barometric pressure and up goes the pain levels and depth of cold in our bones. And just when we start to figure things out or begin to sway to our own rhythm...a new pain shoots outta nowhere! ....chuckle, chuckle....I can still hear Dr. Wilke's words that fateful day in the Cleveland Clinic when I first received my "yuppie disease" diagnosis: Well, Mrs. Fischer....the good news is that you are not going to die!  And the bad news is that you are not going to die.  Confused the heck out of me then.....makes perfect sense today.  Make the most out of this day - it most definitely IS a present!
Blank
1184961_tn?1292577676
I was diagnosised in 1988 when it wasn't all that common to have this diagnosised, when doctors still weren't all too sure there was such a thing. I've been on antidepressants & pain pills & muscle relaxers & now lyrica. I've lived in about 6-7 different states since being diagnosised. I don't think it matters what I take or where I live, There are always at some time or another going to be some symptoms of fibro breaking through.

I agree with Taliesin2b I have to make the most of every day bacause it is all that I have. I never know if I have tomorrow. Each today is a gift. Every tomorrow is a surprise! I am graateful for what I do have. And even on the days I don't FEEL like getting out of bed I do it any way. If I don't get out of bed today it makes it even harder to get out tomorrow.
Blank
Did anyone consider Palm Springs? It's warm all year around and it's dry.
I live in San Diego and I am well during the sunny days, but come winter, I get depressed and FM attacks are really bad. So, I am thinking of trying Palm Springs.
Any thoughts?
Blank
1360549_tn?1277559578
I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico and I really feel the effects of  the summer monsoon season...aches, pains, trigger finger, etc. It's a definite cause and effect. I feel it when storms are coming.  There have been times when they have no rain in the forecast but I wake up and tell my husband...it's gonna rain today, I don't care what the weather guy says, and it does rain.
During the winter months the cold temperatures don't seem to effect me as badly as the storms of the summer.  
Blank
1386689_tn?1279632709
Okay, I've had FMS for about 13 years. Two years ago, my family & I went to AZ for a 2 week vacation. We drove across country, the weather was wonderful. We arrived in Tombstone and I couldn't believe how wonderful I felt! I hadn't felt normal in years and it felt strange to me! We visited Karchner Caverns, (not far from Tombstone), 98% humidity, I was in agony! When we left the caverns, within 10 mins. I was fine! I couldn't believe it. The 2nd week, we rented a house in Munds Park, near Flagstaff. This climate was more like home (Erie, PA). I didn't do to good.
Well, we went again this year. Left June 26th, got home the July 12th. The country was in turmoil, weather wise. I was in so much SEVERE pain it caught me off guard. I was taking the string pain killers. We arrived in Tempe, AZ, and although monsoon season came early this year, I felt better then I had. The humidity was felt, but nothing like we have here in Erie. We also visited Apache Junction (a friend of ours lives there and have for the last 16 years) and Tombstone again. (Our friend says that monsoon season is short, the rest of the year is beautiful. This would be perfect for me and I am greatly affected by weather changes). But, when we left through the top of the state, same as last time. The trip home wasn't good again, more severe weather/severe pain!

Does anyone know of any good doctors in AZ (from Tuscan down) that treats FMS. Any Arizonians out there who have it and can tell me their own story. I AM desperate and need some direction. We ARE considering a move, this in NOT a trivial thing as most of you know. We are considering sending myself out for about a month and see how I do. Thanks so much for reading my story.
Blank
Where to live? I'm in the midst of just that. Home base has been on the west coast of Central Florida for 30 years. To escape the summer swelter and hurricanes we bought a tiny cottage in the North Carolina mountains 5 years ago. We are on the Eastern Continental divide at approximately 4000 feet above sea level. We stay there six months each year, from May through October. For the last few years I seem to be going from bad to worse. My condition is complicated because I'm also bi-polar. We are trying to sell the cottage and return to Florida fulltime. It's breaking our hearts. I was diagnosed 18 years ago after many years of illness and misdiagnoses. I'm 63 now. We lived in the hills of northeast Connecticut back in the 70's, which I really don't recommend. We left there for health reasons also. To end on a positive note, I've found a miracle drug for pain Voltaren which is available in generic form Diclofenac Sodium twice a day. It's a Godsend.
Blank
Try living in Britain, NOT. Weather is so unpredictable so I hurt all year round. My flares happen when I'm in pain anyway, it just gets worse. I'm interested in asking my doctor about Voltaren. Anyone got more details for me? Side effects etc
Blank
1421036_tn?1282439797
I live in NY and have been mostly house bound since March. I go out to get food, movies, exercise (warm pool and stationary bike). But, small exertions really cause exhaustion and great pain. I have FM/CFS, Osteoarthritis, Raynaud's & depression. I'm on Lexapro, Trazadone, Lyrica, Soma, and Evista (for bones). The Soma seems to help the most. While they do help, I find I can't function with all these meds. I live alone and find the day to day difficult at best. I haven't worked in over a year and I'm only 51.

The Raynaud's & CFS just started this past winter and hit me really hard. Also, the pain increased dramatically in frequency and duration. Terrible headaches and arm pain and weakness.

I know the cold & humidity cause me the worst trouble... Any suggestions about places for me to relocate?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Amy
Blank
I live in Ontario Canada, and have had FM for 17 years.  I have had good years and bad, but the older I get the more the weather bothers me. My doctor says the combination of my FM, arthritis, and my L4-L5 fusion worsen as I get older.
Over 60 now.  Anyway, I too have been thinking of where to go when my husband retires. My illness makes it impossible for me to work, its been 3years now since I stopped working completly.  I am on fentany paches, and also
oxycocet for the other pain.  My massage therapist is working on my frozen shoulder and nerve damage in my elbow.
I sleep about 14 hours a day, some days more some less, the rest of the time I watch tv, go on the  computer, do laundry, cook meals, pass the swiffer.  It makes me feel pretty usless, I am lucky I have a husband who stands by me.
We have been together almost 10 years now and when we started dating, I gave him that article about what to tell people about FM.  He read it, and I explained how bad it could get, as at that time I was in my third remission.

The winters here are brutal, and most days the meter says high or extreme pain on accu weather.

My family lives in 2 states, Pennsylvania, (where I lived for 45 years) My son and his family live there and my grandson and his family (new greatgrandson is 6mo) My younger son and family (first granddaughter 10 mo) plan to move to
Florida to the Tampa area, my mom lives near Daytona, and my dad on Singer Island (near Palm Beach)
I would like to hear from those in the carolinas and  Eastern Georgia, and near Tallahasse,FL  as to the weather
especially humidity, coldest temp,pressure.

I find I can predict bad weather better than the TV weather :)  Thanks for listening...Lynda
Blank
I'm in Ontario Canada too and as much as I hate the barometric changes...I will never leave here because of our health care.  Being able to go to the doctor or specialist without worrying about paying for it is VERY valuable to me.

This is a very interesting thread !!
Blank
Hello.  I have had Fibro since I was at least 17.  I am now 38 (39 tomorrow)  I have every test under the sun.  I actually got an award when I was in High School.  I was very athletic and blamed the pain on work outs, however I knew that something else was wrong.  I got the "grandma" award.  Because I complained of pain so much.  I have had doctors try and take my appendix out for no reason.  Heart scans, MRI, etc... You name it.  I actually had one doctor tell me the pain in my back was from toxic buildup.  Geesh!  I recently applied for disability because I just can't handle it anymore.  I try so hard.  I have raised my children on my own.  (daddy died in '99)  I try not to complain anymore, but some days it hard enough to get out of bed, let alone face the day with all of my tasks.  I have lost all of my friends because I would never go out anymore.  The noise bothers me, sounds, lights, etc... Heck, everything bothers me.  I ache to terribly most every day.  My main reason for writing is because I live in PA.  Horrible winters.  I can barely move.  I am pretty sure my son and I are moving to Florida in the spring.  My daughter will be off to college.  I feel much better in the warm, plus the ocean seems to give me sense of peace.  Does anyone know of a good Fibro doctor near Daytona?  I also have severe osteoartritis in both of my knees.  I actually am in need of a total knee replacement, but the doc here says I am too young.  Please help with a good doc. that at least won't cut me from my medications.  I finally found a doctor here who is afraid of presribing narcotics for pain.  I take MS Contin which is an exteneded release.  I take Vicodin for break through and also Lyrica.  I love the Lyrica other than the 20 pound weight gain, but for me it's worth it.  Thanks:)
Blank
1490116_tn?1304820737
I am also dx'd bi-polar and Fybromyalgia. It makes it very difficult for mr to get any meds to help with my pain. I also have my L4 and L5 bulging and in completely degenerated. We live in Maryland and the barometric pressure changes every couple days. We are making plans to move to West Palm Beach, Fla because I can not tolerate the cold and am in bed all winter and can not work from pain. I seem to do better in the heat. But the comment about Mauii has gotten me thinking.
Blank
hi everyone i am a new fibro joinee.feeling really very good that i am not the only one gifted with a very unique disease.with all your experiences we shall convert this disease into ease .i do think weather affects a lot in fibromyalgia.i am too staying at a cold area.want to try temperate climate.hope it works for me and so to all.i am just in my 20's have a long way to go .
Blank
1566266_tn?1295715833
I read most of your posts and WOW - I'm in the same boat as many of you.  Hard to imagine that with so many people out there suffering that there isn't more effort being put into reasearch....
I was officially diagnosed in 1999 with FM although I think I've had it my entire life.  I have always been uncomfortable and have experience pain and started having migraines when I was pregnant with my first child - scary! As I am getting older I too am having increased pain, more sick days, and some days where I can't even get out of bed.  I live in Northern MN and am considering a move to a warmer climate as I also suffer from SAD, with little winter sunlight here - these long (5 month) winters are a killer.  I'm hoping a bit more sunshine and warmer temps will improve my mood and pain levels. I visit the local Chiropractor frequently as I'm very loose jointed.  I take lots of vitamins per day  and drink as much water as I can - Calcium, Vit C, Vit D, Magnesium and believe it or not, Collagen which helps.  I'm going to try adding Fish Oil and Glucosamine Chondriton to the mix to ease what seems more like artheritis pain than fibro.  I also have some interesting things happening with my tendon's all over, when it gets cold they tighten up badly with leads me to believe there is something else going on in my body.  Anyone else out there have trouble with tight tendons?  Thanks - I'm am praying for us all to ease the pain that people just don't understand.
Blank
1553845_tn?1313472243
I live in Mesa Arizona.  The summers are nice and warm, not so much pain.  Until the monsoons hit and then the pain levels go up and down with the barometric pressure.  Lately the monsoons haven't been as bad and that helps.  Usually once the storms break I get some relief from the pain.  The winters being colder cause me a lot of problems.  I think living in a colder climate would hurt more.  I love the desert.  I cant imagine living any where else..
Blank
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2008 I have all pressure points.  I am in so much pain constantly.   The Doctor's have tried all the medicine they could and now I live with pain because the only next step there is, is to take morphine.   I won't take that because it makes me think of death.   I live in NH, yes NH where it is cold and still is in the month of April, we just had snow.  haha    In 3 years all the children will be out of high school and off to college.   They will be on there own at that point so we are considering the move then.  So far the only place we have been is to Green Cove Springs, Fl (next to Jacksonville) and it has a totally different humidity then NH and my pain is not as flared.  We were talking about the Carolinas but weren't sure if that was a good place.  Does anyone live there with fibro, and if so does it help it?    I have met so many people who say they have fibro and I can't figure out why they don't have as much pain and that the meds can help them.   Sometimes I am so frustrated about that because I don't feel like it's fair.   Then people look at me and say I have fibro why are you on Disability?????   UUGGHHH!!!!
Blank
587021_tn?1302220907
I live in palm beach, florida and the humidity and rain DEFINITELY makes it worse!  We just had the most amazing winter and I felt great! The humidity just started about two weeks ago and I can barely walk. It's going to be a looooong summer!
Blank
I must admit, reading all of these posts can be somewhat depressing.  I too have fibro.  I lived in the Chicago area most of my life and suffered with aches, pains and allergies.  The weather and barometric fluctuations were brutal and PAINFUL.  We moved to Maui, HI 11 years ago to the south leeward part of the island.  The results have been miraculous.  I am not pain free as there are times during the winter and summer that I do have flare ups but it is seldom and the flare up does not last long at all. Tylenol covers the pain if it does.  Allergies are much better too except for when the Big Island emits Vog.  All in all, for me anyway, this is the best place to live with Fibro.  The problem is the high cost of living but coming from the city of Chicago it was not a huge sticker shock to me but $5 for a gallon of milk did seem a bit steep.  Would love to retire here but not sure we can afford it so we will be looking to move back to the mainland when that time comes.  The question is where to move and even though I have researched all of this I am still trying to figure out where that magical place is on the mainland.  San Diego, sounds great, but too expensive for retirement so I am still researching.  
Blank
I was diagnosed with Fibro many years ago and had all tender points, in fact, they said i may have more than the 18.  I sold my home in Washington State, packed up, threw the cat and pet goat in the car and headed south 1200 miles to live in NW Arizona.  The cold and rain in Washington was killing me!  The first couple of years I was here in Arizona I felt great!  however, the last 2 years not so great.  Pain is becoming worse again.  We DID have a colder and wetter winter than normal and I do know weather changes, whether hot and dry to wet and cold, or the other way around, effect me very much.  Today it is a hot, dry 103 degrees.  I do not feel too bad, but recently my jaw joints have been bothering me.  I have read this can be the Fibro also.  I recommend you visit a warm dry climate for a couple of weeks and see how you feel.  I do believe it has helped me.  I do not know how I would feel if I were still in Wet Western Washington.  If I go back there to visit I make sure it is in the month of August!
Blank
You should try the UK (not) It never gets really hot, rain most days and cold most of the year. We are in summer now and guess what, it's raining.
Blank
Hi,
I am a 56 yr old retired RN, diagnosed with Fibro in 1999, and MS is 2001.
I live in (lower) Alabama (the sauna of the south) where during the summer, it rains every afternoon, and while winters are not extremely cold, it is a WET cold, damp all the time, and  I-T-- H-U-R-T-S !!!
If it could just stay October here all year long it would be perfect.
Anyone know where it IS October all year long ???
Blank
I am 56 and have had fibromyalgia for about 25 years. Almost always in pain and suffering from depression. Now I moved to northern Colorado and have been here for about 8 months. I have felt great except for knee pain from arthritis. Having knee replacement soon. This summer has been more humid than usual, but otherwise I feel this is the best move I've ever made. Expecting my first grandchild but I don't want to go back to NY. Miss family but my health is more important. I can always visit.
Blank
Does anyone know if Las Cruces, NM is a good place to live or Phoenix, AZ? I am so desperate and depressed. I live in Cary, NC right out Raleigh and it is the worst! The weather here is so bi-polar and humid. It rains everyother day.
Blank
NOT Tucson!  Tucson is dry and relatively warm in the winter, BUT the wind that blows in and out of here drive my Fibro crazy!   My Fibro and Osteoarthritis conditions are severely affected by barometric swings.  They are VERY severe here and temperature swings are as much as 50-60 degrees in one day!  I do better in milder climes where the temperature lows do not differ much from the highs - e.g. Guaymas, Mexico and possible Honolulu, Hawaii.  We moved to the Tucson, AZ area from Eugene, OR about 3 years ago and I am certainly better here.  BUT, I was MUCH  better when we went to Mexico for 6 weeks last year.  Don't believe anything you read about Mexico.  Just go to resort areas in the Winter and you will be fine - and you will feel much better!
Blank
1960531_tn?1325229922
Yes I live in Arizona and no matter if its wet or dry if a low pressure system goes through my Fibro acts up.
Blank
1961084_tn?1325282627
I know how you feel I live in Devils Lake, ND. It gets really cold here. The weather changed after Christmas and I have been in bed most of the week. I am hoping to move after finishing school for my Bachelor degree to some where warmer. I have FMS for 20 years. I'm new to this forum. I take Lyrica and Cymbalta for Fibro and Depression. Been on Lyrica and Cymbalta for 6 years. Been working well together but the change temps kill me. I just want to curl-up in bed and wait it out. I just turned 41 this past week and I swear this disease gets worse each year.
Blank
My Partner was always miserable during the winter in Seattle for the 5 years we were there.And before that we were in Tucson where the heat and monsoon were just too much after a while.  We have been in Albuquerque,NM for 2 years now and the difference is night and day.  There are other issues here but it could be a nice break from severe flare ups.

Tammy
Blank
Yes, San Diego is a great place to live. Basically you're looking for a Mediterranean climate. In the US it's from San Diego to about San Fran. The Corpus Christie area of Texas is great as well.
Blank
Well...I'm in Southern Ontario, Canada.  We've had a very mild winter, with more rain than snow and for the most part, very overcast and gloomy.  Two weeks ago I came back from a Caribbean cruise.  I came upon this forum, because I was wondering if exposure to the Caribbean sun eases the FMS.  The pain and depression really nosedived the end of February.  Since coming back, I couldn't help but notice how different I feel...the pain level is noticably less.  Spring is coming and I'm really looking forward to spending as much time in the sun as I can.
Blank
It's my husband who suffers from Fibromyalgia, we live outside of San Francisco and the barometric pressure just kills him. We have three children and I'm the soul support in this awful economic times. I was searching the web and came across Ensenada Mexico  as a good place to leave that has mild temp. They basically refer to it as southern San Diego. Does anyone know about this? Also, I've been reading that most people who suffer FMS also have Myofascial Pain Syndrome. From my reading it sounds like if you can get MPS under control your FMS symptons lessen. Has anyone experienced this?
Blank
Wrong, fibro-symptoms can pre-teen, I for what have medical documentation at 8 years of age. and I am 48 years old now.  Back then fibro was even heard of so I was treated per symptom.  Migraines, RLS and IBS, unexplained aches and pains is in my medical records from that early of an age.  Not till I was 25 was I actually diagnosed as having Fibromyalgia.  Lucky for me MRI's showed migraines, and being in the hospital off and on for dehydration due to IBS at that early age showed I wasn't a hypochondriac.

So the person that said she has had fibro for 20 years and is only 32 is more than likely telling the truth.  Saying that it's not possible is wrong, obviously you haven't done enough research and or not seen the dozen or more doctors to tell you this is possible.

All I'm saying is don't be judgmental of someone who claims to have fibro and for how long they have had it....jeeeez who would want to claim this?!!
Blank
2151105_tn?1336493639
I know how you feel, believe me. I have FMS also and severe depression. I try to take it one day at a time and think that all I have to worry about is today. When I start thinking I'm going to feel like this forever, that's when the depression gets bad. Please don't give up. Their coming out with new things all the time and I'm sure then will find something for us FMS suffers too. God Bless you. Your friend Mary.
Blank
2196403_tn?1338478979
I have great news!  Three years ago we visited Puerto Vallarta for two weeks - actually it was Sayulita - and my fibro went into complete remission.  I'd heard somewhere that this could happen - also for lupus sufferers.  It was wonderful to feel good and energetic.  I swam more than once a day in the warm ocean (good exercise!), slept like a baby, was very happy for the first time in 30 years.  We're moving there at the end of September 2012.  I live in Oregon - damp, cold, miserable.  I'm so looking forward to feeling well every day.  Plus we love the people!  Slower pace of life should reduce stress levels.  Try it yourself & see!
Blank
What allot of great insight,great Ideas here.Stumble onto this site today 7/09/2012.I live In Wisconsin,not a good place for Fibro.Someone mentioned they do better in the Winter,I also do better in the winter.But I also do better In a bathtub of hot water and bengay.I always thought barometric played a big part,now I know It dose from reading this! My body also can tell there Is a storm coming on a clear blue day.So ok,I do have a point.Where did Fibro come from?? My family had a wheat farm In North Dakota since the late 1880s,and I dont believe they had these same issues.I knew all my grandparents,they didnt have this fibro pain.They are all passed away now.My grandfather would be 115 this year.I have been wondering If Fibro has been brought On by Chem trails? Where there Is allot of Aircraft activity,there Is also pine trees die-ing,Swine Flu out breaks and also there has been testing on the aircraft trails into pine trees,test have found H1N1 In the pine trees that are die-ing ..Just a thought my fellow Fibros! Description below on Chem Trails

P.S.Im a ex BMX/Xgames Freestyler for many years,so maybe all that ripping my body apart from ridding did this? Whose to say,but its painful.

""The chemtrail conspiracy theory holds that some trails left by aircraft are actually chemical or biological agents deliberately sprayed at high altitudes for purposes undisclosed to the general public in clandestine programs directed by government officials.[1] This theory is not accepted by the scientific community, which states that they are just normal contrails, and that there is no scientific evidence supporting the chemtrail theory""""
Blank
I have fibro to , i get tested yearly for lupus, i stay so dizzy all the time and the heat at the beach made me feel horrible this yr, i cant get rid of the headaches either , both of my boys play ball and i have to sit out in the heat every weekend for them , my husband doesnt understand how bad it is, and how bad i feel im so tired all the time, i have to take b12 shots, it runs 200 or below , im so misrable , i do all i can and im always feeling so bad , i have the worse burning and chest pains im so tired of this , cant take any of the meds my rehumatogist has tried , help!
Blank
I went to Hawaii 3 summers ago, and the pain went away.  We stayed at Maui for 7 days and my pain was the lowest it had been for years.  Also, when I went to Northern California by Napa, my pain was better too.  I live in Illinois, and I hurt all the time. We have weather fronts moving through here every week it seems, and I feel the storms the day or two before they get here.  I also can tell if we are getting a lot of rain or just a little.  I know this sounds strange, but I have had chronic pain for 18 years, since I was 31 years old, and I have learned to tell what kind of day I am going to have.  I try to stay as active as I can, but as you all know, that is hard to do.  

My wife and I are going to travel once  more to Napa/Sacramento CA in the coming few years to see if we should move out there.  I just don't know if I could take the desert.
Blank
I went to Hawaii 3 summers ago, and the pain went away.  We stayed at Maui for 7 days and my pain was the lowest it had been for years.  Also, when I went to Northern California by Napa, my pain was better too.  I live in Illinois, and I hurt all the time. We have weather fronts moving through here every week it seems, and I feel the storms the day or two before they get here.  I also can tell if we are getting a lot of rain or just a little.  I know this sounds strange, but I have had chronic pain for 18 years, since I was 31 years old, and I have learned to tell what kind of day I am going to have.  I try to stay as active as I can, but as you all know, that is hard to do.  

My wife and I are going to travel once  more to Napa/Sacramento CA in the coming few years to see if we should move out there.  I just don't know if I could take the desert.
Blank
I live in Myrtle Beach SC.  It's warm here (and in NC coast) but the humidity is killing me.  It's like my very body tissue absorbs the moisture from the air and swells making me hurt more.  I'm looking for a drier place - which probably means out west.  Just came here from VA so it means moving again -
Blank
Every year we would visit Maui. During this time my fibromyalgia pain was almost none existent. I thought it was the weather so we decided to move to Maui. Living there, having to work and to deal with life's stresses I had the same pain as on the Mainland. The pain was worse at times because of the high humidity and tropical depressions. Being on vacation, relaxing and enjoying a tropical drink is the real secret. Be careful where you move to.
Blank
i live in Southern idaho--and one of the jokes they make here is, "If you don't like the weather, wait a hour (30 min, a day, etc.) and it will change.   We live at the base of a small mountain range which gives a lot of weather changes.   I think in general, cold is harder for anyone with pain because your muscles want to tense up---but i think it is the baromatric changes that cause most of the problem.  They make you hurt if the weather is changing from hot to cold and if it is changing from cold to hot---it makes you hurt when a storm front is coming in.

i  noticed years ago that I can feel a weather change coming up to 3 days before it hits.  I am like someone else on here that posted and said they hurt while the air pressure is changing, but that once it stabilizes they feel much better.

last winter we had a big snow storm come in---i was in a lot of pain a few days ahead---but once the storm hit and we had probably a good 6 inches of snow---i was able to dress up warm and go outside and shovel most of my driveway by myself-------and i have a really long drive way.

i do take narcotics for pain and also muscle relaxers.   I do not believe i actually have fibromyalgia---i believe that my fibromyalgia is a symptom of something else.   I am on natural thyroid medication and also being treated for adrenal insufficiency (not adrenal fatigue)  I also discovered through legitimate blood testing (no naturopaths for me)  that I am low in a number of vitamins and minerals.  the doctor I see treats according to symptoms for thyroid--not the blood test.  Kind of hard to trust a blood test that shows both T4 and TSH to be low together--Pituitary problem, obviously, although one doctor, determoined to normalize my TSH kept dropping my thyroid medication until my hair was falling out--the T4 was still low all along--but he got My TSH normal!!!! Another doctor in the office looked at my blood work finally and said 'your thyroid's too low."

It had been too low all along--the first guy was just too uneducated about the tests and had no business treating me---he didn't even order the tests--the other guy did.  That's the problem with going to an office where doctors will have you see different people when you come in---somewhere along the line someone is going to miss something.

I recently flew to connecticut to see a doc who specializes in balancing the endocrine system.  I was really surprised that i was in less pain while I was at a lower altitude.  i was able to take less pain medication, i slept better, didn't have trouble falling asleep, and when a rain storm came in one afternoon---i only felt a little bit "off".   We were only there a couple of days, so it could have been the change of scenery, no demands on me from my kids and not having to be responsible for meals and cleaning the house.

But, i also know that when my knees hurt really bad, if i put those tight knee bands around them, it eases the pain somewhat--can't help but wonder if having a little more air pressure on my body at the lower altitute was part of it.  but, I think if I lived there i would probably adjust to the air pressure and my bosy would return to it's normal state of pain.

For anyone who is wondering about thyroid, my arthritis has definitely improved since increasing my thyropid meds and being put back on hydrocortisone.  My bone pain has decreased dramatically since i have been supplementing it.  No one picked up that it was deficient--it was within the "lab ranges"  I was 33---the bottom of the range was 30.  As of last blood test i have gotten up to 47.4.  Can't wait to see what other improvements i might see when my other deficiencies get corrected.
Blank
I live in Northeast Alabama and i can promise you this is not the place to live if you have Fibromyalgia. I moved to southwest florida for a year and I can promise you I felt 90% better even in the winter season. I would have stayed but after my spouce of 22 years died my family didn't want me to be down there alone. So I moved back to North Alabama and I have paid for it every single day.
Blank
Hi Sandy and Fellow Fibro Sufferers,  

I'm 48, life in PA, and have had fibromyalgia most of my adult life.  It seems that no matter where I went (I moved to Fesno, CA for 3 months) or what I've tried, most things didn't work and things that did work, were only temporary.  Warm epsom salt baths seem to be good to help relax muscles so I can sleep.  That and something called Nuvoxil which I get from my natural doctor.  I am still looking for answers after trying medications and special diets.  I even tried to psych myself into thinking I was perfectly fine and tried moderate exercise.  I had a trainer tell me that I had to work through the pain...big mistake!!!  I'm trying another diet change to see if that helps before menopause sets in, but I'm not hopeful.  So far, it has not helped the pain, but my skin looks great!!!  

I was on Lyrica after back surgery and had a horrible reaction to it.  I lost muscle control and almost fell down the steps, so please be careful with it.  I wish much luck to everyone in all of our undying quests to find relief from pain!!!

Best Regards
Blank
hi, i live in Mass and the weather kills me...it's cold, humid and if you don't like the weather now...wait five minutes cause it will chance. i really need to move from here
Blank
I spent 10 months in the desserts of Iraq. You would not even know I had fibro there. No pain. So I am looking into finding a place here that has a similar dessert environment. The SW.
Blank
4385388_tn?1353799980
Sorry to have to disagree.  My daughter had JRA as a child and then when she was 15, it went into Fibro.  She is now 24 and pregnant.  Her pain is horrible!!!  She was not misdiagnosed.  Some rare cases some can get it much earlier than others, especially if they had JRA or other issues as a child.  I also have fibro and she and I have the same pain, fatigue, pressure points, headaches, etc.  She has had the same Rheumatologist for years.  She refuses medication and chooses to live with the pain; where as I receive therapy, medications and trigger point injections.
Blank
I am bi polar, have Fibro, migraines, sore all over, IBS, sleep problems, asthma, 2 heart valves leaking, palpatations, cholesterol, OA, bursitis,  and have the degenerative L4 and L5 (sciatic 2 years ago)...Lord Almighty, you name it.  I live north of Boston.  We say "don't like the weather, wait a minute".  I take a boat load of meds.  And I wish I could cut down.  We are planning on moving the Augusta, GA area in a few years.  I guess I better start checking the weather there to see just what it's like.  We were thinking of Aiken, South Carolina, then friends asked us to join them in Evans, GA about 20 minutes away.
Blank
I went to a neuologist for a med to prevent the migraines.  Cymbalta helps the Fibro pain to a point.  warm pool exercise is benefitial. 2 mg valium is good when a knot in your back travels up your neck (tension) to cause a migraine. any of the products like BenGay will help joints.  ice pack on yourhead during a migraine.  I see a specialist for each symptom.  Good luck.
Blank
I lived in Mass up until I was 30. I was always told my aches and pains where early arthritis. I moved to florida when I was 30 and had hardly any pain at all. Stayed there for 5 glorious years loving life and being quite active. Moved back to Mass and with in a year was diagnosed with Severe Fibro. I can not remember the last pain free day I had, and even just the pain tolerable days seems to be gone. I wonder if moving back to Florida would help me. I mean its expensive to move and frustrating to up root your family and move away from loved ones. Its worth it if I get my life back,, but would not be able to handle it if it didnt help.  
Blank
4671977_tn?1357827417
I currently live in Southern , Alberta , Canada and let me tell you the weather changes daily and so does my pain. I would definitely say Alberta is not the best place to live with this disease..  I can have all the seasons in one day ... no joke   ... I Have a positive day today  folks.. Patti
Blank
Hi there. I have also had Fibro for many many years and know I had it as a child as well. I do take thyroid therapy and have had all the tests. I "hired" a lawyer to apply for disability and was accepted on my first attempt. After one year on SSD I qualified for Medicare because of the SSD and that has been a true blessing in paying those doctor bills.
Blank
I am 43 and live in Northern California. I have only had fibromyalgia for a couple of years. I am in so much pain that I have only been able to work 2-3 days a week scince winter hit. The wet-cold is killing me. I was thinking about moving home to Colorado. But, I am so afraid of what the snow might do to me. But at this point I really dont think it could get much worse. I just keep thinking that even though it is cold, it is a drier cold. And surely that has to be better! Right????????
Blank
The only place makes different where the fluctuation of weather is not huge. Doesn't matter; if its cold or hot or humid, as long as the difference of today and tomorrow is less than 10 C. I was diagnosed a few years ago after a car accident 8 years ago.
Blank
Amen, I am there now! Living in the bed!
Blank
1069644_tn?1276932463
My mom lives in Hawaii. I went for a 3 month visit about 2 years ago and again last year for a few weeks, HUGE difference! I felt better than I had in a long time. Flares still occurred but were less frequent and less severe. I am considering a move there.
Blank
How are you doing now?
Blank
This is really for everyone.  I have had FMS for 32 years.  It started after a car accident.  I have been diagnosed with everything from Hoshimotos to Lyme Disease.  I have every symptom listen in these comments and also for Chiari.  I have had MRIs of my brain, CAT scans of every part of my body.  New pain comes and stays every so often.  I am an old woman now, and feel as if, like an old dog, I should just lie down and pass.  However, my faith says I have a purpose.  We all do.  I don't know the reason for so much pain and the difficulties it brings, but I pray for all to have one wonderful, pain-free day that will help you hold on and go on.  Love of friends and family, and understanding from anyone, helps.  Massage therapy and chiropractic have helped me in the past.  Swimming is the best exercise.  I listen to self-help and 'healing' therapy CDs as I fall asleep.  It distracts when we wake every hour.  Forgive yourself when you break down; forgive others that have no idea.  Treat yourself as best you can with diet and healthy living.  Bless you all.  It breaks my heart to hear of young people suffering so.  
Blank
I have been reading many of your comments about weather and fibro pain, and the best/worst places to live.  There is a lot of variation in the comments.  I was diagnosed with fibro about 12 years ago, and have tried many different medications, none of which has helped much.  I am considering relocating so I was very interested in all the comments.  Just wanted to add mine, which is to say that I live on the east coast, in the Mid-Atlantic region.  I am in Maryland, about midway between Washington, D.C. and Baltimore.  I have been having an awful time of it lately.  Our weather here is in a constant state of flux, changing from day to day.  We get a lot of humidity, and being neither north nor south, it is anybody's guess what each day will bring.  The one weather factor that is the worst for me is the frequent changes in temperatures and especially barometric pressure.  As some of you commented, I know when strong storm fronts are moving in, even before the meteorologists do.  Tornado activity is the worst for me, and it does not have to be nearby.  Last year was worse than usual for me due to our weather, and this year has been the worst yet.  I am experiencing more bad days than good now, which has not been the case for several years.  I would agree with the comments of many of you that it usually isn't the climate itself in a given region, but the frequency and severity of the pressure and temperature changes.  Before heavy storms I am miserable, even with Percocet.  I toss and turn, unable to get comfortable or to sleep, finding little to no relief from the pain.  However, once the sky opens up and the rain (or snow) really starts coming down, my symptoms begin to subside.  If it isn't precipitation, but just a temperature change of several degrees in a short period of time, my pain will intensify, and then will eventually adjust more gradually.  All of these changes have our fibro bodies struggling to keep up, and it doesn't seem like there is any location that is a safe bet these days.  The climate is changing everywhere, but I am sure that some areas are better than others.  I sure hope so.  Don't even consider moving to this area; it is one of the worst for conditions like fibro.  
Blank
Have just returned from a month long excursion to parts of Italy, Spain and France. I found it interesting there were places we visited there where I had zero pain and I have not experienced zero pain in many years!!  Coincidentally, each of those places was a coastal place, sea level. I tried to maintain a very consistent diet so that would not be a factor. I am curious if being near the sea makes a difference, or at least in the Medditerranean. When I traveled inland and into the mountains, my pain skyrocketed, even to levels beyond what I've experienced in the states, ever. Interesting.
Blank
I live in Prescott, Arizona. I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Osteoarthritis since 2000. I go through some serious pain here when it gets cold or rainy. Sometimes, I even get pain during the heat. I can never figure it out but sometimes it is so serious that I can't get out of bed. I was hoping that there was another state that would be better but it sounds like every state has sufferers of fibro. It is kind of depressing to hear this. Don't move to Arizona if you think you will be pain free, because you probably won't be.
Blank
5513308_tn?1369236739
I live in Ontario, Canada. It is very hot and humid in the summer and can be very cold in the winter.  I find its the fluctuation in the weather that gets me, and the dampness or humidity. I now plan my days around the temp.
Blank
I live in Portland Or and the 9 months of rain are a nightmare for my pain. For 3 months in summer only I get SOME reprieve so I'm thinking less chilly rain would be great. Either dry or warm, preferably both. As far as something to help with pain, try Topricin. It's a homeopathic cream with no side effects of smell. It works very well for certain types of pain. Find it on Amazon and read all the great reviews from fibro and arthritis patients.
Blank
I live in a very small town in Arizona.  So small that some people in Arizona have never heard of it:  Clifton.  It is a small mining town just 8 miles south of Morenci. Ha! Never heard of Morenci either?   Well we are just northeast of Safford and the weather here is not too bad for Fibromyalgia.  On the downside - no work except at the big open pit mine. -   We don't get near as much rain as Tucson or Phoenix.  And New Mexico takes most of it from us!!

I hurt too.  But I find that taking Essiac helps me a lot.  it is a supplement meant for cancer and pain.  I take the capsules... tea is too much trouble for me. Available at the health food store.

The weather here is temperate - but the clouds play havoc on Fibro.  They come in teasing that they are bringing rain and they don't.  When it does rain I feel a great relief!  

I guess there is no place that is perfect for Fibro.  
But at least it doesn't get too cold here.  We seldom get snow and only about 3" at best.

So, fellow sufferers, all we can do is the best we can.  Take your Magnesium, Calcium and Potassium supplements and a good multiple vitamin.  When the pain gets too bad only thing that works for me is Naproxen.  I tried Ibuprofen - does NOTHING and Tylenol is bad for my liver.  

Thanks for hearing me out... we all need to vent sometime.  And fibro is such a misunderstood disease.  Nobody can see the pain you're in , unless they look in your eyes.  You look fine ... why are you limping?

Best wishes
Blank
Dear fibro416, very sorry to read about your suffering. We also experienced lots of pain, migraines, etc., when we lived in Prescott 3 years ago. It was sad moving away. We have since learned (through reading and experiences) that higher elevations encourage low pressures (and pain), and you are a mile high. Perhaps test your pain against a road trip to Phoenix, descending to 1000 feet, and ascending back to Prescott. When the low pressure is doing it's thing along elevation routes like that, our pain levels usually decrease around 2K elevation - where the saguaro growth starts.  After learning more about low pressures and that high altitudes attract clouds, we moved down to New River (1800' elevation) and our struggles were cut by at least a 1/3. When we drive down into Phoenix our pain eases more. We have since noticed that Flagstaff's cloud build-ups seem to reach New River before it dissipates, which makes Happy Valley even feel better to us - 10 miles south. So, right here we still catch a little residual low-pressure from Flagstaff/Prescott, plus, sadly, this year the weather has presented frequent clouds/winds from the west and north, which are pressure fluctuations. That said though, pain levels here are still way better than Prescott, Jackson Wyoming, western Montana, SLC, etc. Also, we think the southern coastal areas/islands, as other people pointed out, are good reprieves. We are travelers and have found that a few weeks away to somewhere nice is healing (San Diego, Hawaii, Florida, even Hong Kong and Cape Town-SAfrica : ). Good climate vacations can give a body a much needed break, but moving there doesn't guarantee that our bodies won't eventually start adapting - the wrong direction. We've found that we can gain some healing and then maybe slip back a bit, but things are better overall for us in better climates. The key was learning that there is always some kind of battle to fight, so we chose the battles we can live with best, such as sniffling and sneezing from Phoenix dust and working with the heat - which I like so much better than cold. An additional experience has been that sometimes vacation spots encouraged our endorphins and made us think that living 'there' would keep our endorphins lively. But every-day-living and stress tends to wind down the endorphins wherever a person lives. Maybe test your limits to know for sure if either dry or humid climates irritate your condition, and maybe read up on physical effects of elevations, and places where pressure fluctuations occur most frequently, so that you can find the best places to vacation, or even live. I hope something in all of this helps, if even only a little bit, and pray you will be well. God bless you.  : )
Blank
5586759_tn?1370438872
Through my varied readings about Fibromyalgia there is one general consensus that is true. No two person's Fibromyalgia condition is the same.

Therefore it isn't too much to out of the realm to believe that where one person's living area could benefit someone another person might find it to be their worst Firbo nightmare.

I personally live in the Mid-Atlantic area where the weather is erratic in every variant there is with the weather. I grew up in Virginia Beach, VA and now Live in Dover, DE. My body does not deal with the heat well due to another condition and humidity escalates the heat. I have no idea if I would do any better in a dryer climate or not, but I seriously doubt Fibro will ever make me part with the love I have for the beaches on the Atlantic. <3
Blank
I just read what you said and it made me laugh so hard thanks mindlink I needed that. I've suffered with FM for 18 years .... I found out last week and by the way I'm from the very same environment called the UK. Bridget.
Blank
Last year you asked about Diflufenec.... my sister tried it and found she was highly allergic to it.  Ended up in the hospital with inflammation from her mouth to her anus.  
    I prefer the natural remedies route - Essiac, D3, Calcium, Magnesium. Fish oil Omega 3, and Grapeseed.

Wishing you all the best....
Blank
I lived in Florida for 44 years and I am SO glad I do not live there now. Heat and humidity just about do me in.  I am so glad I live in a place where we have 3 months of each season and yet, no snow.  I am counting down the days for it to get cooler here.  I am just about at the end of the  summer and I have been in pain all summer long.

I long for winter with it's cooler temps and really low humidity.  

If I was still in Florida, I wouldn't be able to stand it.  Intense heat and humidity 9 months of the year? No thank you.
Blank
Nice to hear from you - fellow Arizonian! Thanks for the tips and I do agree that altitudes and barometric pressure play a role in Fibro also. When the monsoons hit, I hurt. When the weather changes from hot to cold, I hurt. We are actually thinking of moving to Oregon. I'm so scared because of all the rain they get there. I'm even afraid to read anymore posts because I'm sure I will see how negative it affects people there. My hope is that since the climate is more consistent and milder than Prescott, Arizona (hot, rain, snow, dry) and the elevation is lower also - maybe it will be a good thing and not a bad thing. I really want to live where I can grow a garden and enjoy the beauty. Prescott, Arizona is a lot prettier than some areas of Arizona, but it still is crappy for trying to grow things.
Blank
I am 37 years old. I was diagnosed in 2003 with Fibromyalgia. I have been dealing with the symtoms (symptoms) of Fibro since I was 13 years old. I live in Opelika, Al and I am home bound from the fall until spring. My pain has increased this year. My migraines pain has increased and I have started back have seizures frequently. My son started having Fibromyalgia signs and symptoms last year at the age of 5 years old. He was diagnosed this year with Fibromyalgia by Children's Healthcare of Atl. He is in pain constantly and have no energy to get out of bed. He has allergies and is prone to infections with causes flare-ups. He has missed so many school days already that I will have to home school. I am looking to relocate south-west due to warmer climate. This has really helped me with my decision in locations.  
Blank
Lyrica did nothing for me but it did make me gain unwanted weight. After
two month I asked my pain-management physician to take  me off Lyrica.
Both, Lyrica and Cymbalta are pushed very much by big pharma.
I live in Europe now and am on Tapentadol which does a better job, sometimes I have no pain at all, other days like today I am down and out.
This is a wretched disease, you have to surround yourself with friends who understand that sometimes you just have to cancel out on them because you  need to rest. Resting, physical therapy and hydro-gymnastic plus
swimming in a warm pool work best for me. When the physical therapist
eliminated my trigger points I meditate and remove myself to that place I
found many years ago in meditation where there is no pain. I have used
this method now for 3 years and it helps a lot. I am fortunate to have a
wonderful health-care system at my disposal and people who really care.
I would not wish this disease on my worst enemy. Keep up your chin,
it is what it is and we all find our different ways to cope.
Blank
Hey please tell me about severe fms.  I feel like I am dying of cancer but am not.  I live I central Illinois and must move but do not know where to?  I feel like I am dying and was diagnosed with fibro but can't let what u posted pass without comment.  Thanks cyn
Blank
I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts.  As we ALL know Fibro for one person is never the same for another person.  I'm 46 years old and was diagnosed with Fibro in 1988.  Two scenerios in the last 25 years that I was pain FREE.  The first, oddly enough, when I was pregnant. Second when I visited Arizona.  I have lived my whole life in the Chicagoland area.  Where if you don't like the weather, wait 5 min and it will change.  Pain levels always changing from mild to severe.  I take cymbalta, seems to help mask the pain somewhat, mainly exercise by running to fight off pain, which leads people to think I dont or Cant  really be hurting.  Crazy as it sounds, If i'm going to hurt, I want to be doing somthing that gives me a reason for hurting, NOT just hurting for no reason.   I'm a single parent due to a death of 4 children, my only reason for fighting on, for the last 11 years.  

I'm waiting for my youngest to graduate HS before moving anywhere for relief.  So scared that moving isn't going to help.  Looking at Phoenix or Bullhead City, AZ.  Any suggestions.  Thanks for Listening.
Blank
i want to move to MAUI  
Blank
7234733_tn?1389419487
Check out the youtube video "Autoimmune Disorders and Immunizations" by a Dr. Tent. Great info

Blank
I just stumbled on this site, but I thought I'd throw my two cents.  I have fibromyalgia and I live in Winnipeg, Canada -- it's cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I find it's not the cold, humidity or heat that make me hurt -- it's the change of season, and the change of weather conditions.  We've been suffering a lot with the cold, and I haven't been too bad. But then we have days where it goes from -28 to +4 (Celsius) in one day and then I really suffer.  I'm looking at moving to Vancouver, because, while I know it's wet and cool, it is always wet and cool.
Blank
8307141_tn?1397590207
Hi Fibrocan, be cautious of Vancouver, the weather flips all over the place and the huge heavy weather symptoms flared me up terribly, when we used to go  3X a year on course, I was a sick as a dog. I found Victoria was way more stable and consistent. We went there for 2 weeks and I felt like a million bucks! Long term goal is to go there. I was a different person, I had energy, I walked everywhere! I live in the Okanagan valley and there are days where I am bed ridden, and have been hospitalized. The valley is the worst. In the summer 40 degrees in the day crashing to 10 degrees at night. Reaks havoc with my body. Vancouver Island has the most consistent weather in Canada.
Blank
I was diagnosed with Fibro & Neuropathy in 2009 after having to take aggressive treatments (Surgery, Radiation, Herceptin, Hysterectomy and Oral Cancer Inhibitors) for Breast Cancer (IIIA HER2+), however, I believe I have had it since my teenage years since I dealt with bouts of pelvic/hip pain, joint pain,IBS, and miagraines most of my life. It is amazing how easy it is for people to say it is all in your head when you are not the one suffering. Fibro just got worse after all the treatments and I have tried what everyone else has.  However, I have not seen anyone mention the drug Savella which works differently from Lyrica & Cymbalta and it has helped me some.  At least I do not feel like dying.....LOL!  They say the drugs or treatments are worse than the diseases and they are pretty much right. I would recommend any of you to ask your doctors about Savella because I came by it just doing research after all of my Doctors wanted to put me on the two others that are the usual recommended treatments. My Doctor had not heard about it until I mentioned it. I take 50 mg. twice a day and it has helped me with the extreme fatique, chronic joint/pelvic pain and IBS.   I to am looking for another area other than the OHIO Valley......it is the worse area of all! Did I mention I also have allergies???   I have traveled through most of the US and parts of Colorado & Northern CA seems to improve me the most.  I now have Lymphedema in my right arm from the surgery for the BC and am now trying to keep infections & swelling down and once again....many Doctors do not know how to handle this condition either.  We are still our best advocates/researchers/advisors for each other because we live it!!!
Blank
9846652_tn?1406234055
I seem to think that living in a place that rains a lot may be the answer because there would be less pressure change.  How did you feel living in Portland?
Blank
I too wondered this, researched and moved to Cabo San Lucus, Mexico to help my fibro symptoms. The first months, May and June were great. Thats where it ended! I have now been flaring worse than anything i have in the past due to the hurricaine weather off the coast. I cant wait to get back to the states. I have come to realize that every place is going to have its good times and bad times and im going to have to find a different variable to alter unless i want to live in a climate controled bubble.
Blank
I have been to Las Vegas 2 times recently and both times got instant relief and both times was in instant pain upon getting off the plane when I returned from Las Vegas back to Pittsburgh.  Try the Las Vegas area.  Weather is very consistent there.  My body loved the dry heat !  I cannot believe how much pain I am in within 5 minutes of stepping foot on Pittsburgh soil !  This is insane !  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...